Monday, February 11, 2013

Liebster Award!


Good Morning! 

Shortly after I started Polish Snob I was nominated for the Liebster award, twice! I was nominated first by Mal from Enchanted Nails and Fluffy Dog Tails, and then again by Tes from Tes Did It Nails. How cool is that? (The answers is, pretty darn cool!) Having just started my blog this is a really big deal for me! I wanted to make sure this post was perfect, and in doing so it never got posted. I have been ridiculously swamped with school lately so my blog, and nails, have suffered for it. For this I apologize, to my readers and to the ladies that nominated me! I would like to send a shout out to Mal & Tes, thank you gals so much! If you haven't checked out their blogs I highly recommend that you do! :)



So, what is the Liebster award? 


The Liebster Award was created to help new bloggers with less than 200 followers get discovered. 

The rules:

  • Post 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked. 
  • Come up with 11 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
  • Nominate 11 new blogs with less than 200 followers.
  • You can't nominate the person who nominated you.


11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I have a twin sister, her name is Kelly and she is my best friend. Surprisingly, she is not addicted to nail polish.
  2. I don’t know anyone else in person who likes makeup and nail polish to the extent that I do.
  3. I love muscle cars and own a 1972 Buick Skylark.
  4. I hate condiments including, but not limited to, ketchup, mayo, mustard, ranch, and salad dressing.
  5. I like to make jewelry, mostly out of hardware. I used to sell my jewelry at local craft fairs during the spring and summer before I started school.
  6. I love pumpkins.
  7. I have a neck injury from a car accident that I was in almost 9 years ago that still haunts me.
  8. My favorite color is black.
  9. I usually wear gym clothes, all black yoga pants and a black shirt. I started painting my nails because of this, as a way to express myself.
  10. I like algebra and trigonometry. And Chemistry.  I’m a nerd.
  11. I collect limited edition MAC Cosmetics products. 


My answers to Mal’s Questions: 

Enchanted Nails and Fluffy Dog Tails

  1. What’s your favorite mass market polish brand?  This is a tough question for me; I guess I would say it is a toss up between Butter LONDON and Zoya. They both sort of got me started on my nail polish addiction in their own ways. I have a love affair with Butter LONDON but their polishes don’t always wear great on me.  Zoya’s formula is impressive, especially for its price point, and the company does a great deal of fan appreciation promos. 
  2. What’s your favorite indie brand (or which do you want to try the most if you don’t have a favorite yet?) Cult Nails is definitely at the top of my list of favorite polish brands. I also really enjoy Lacquerhead Polish, Lacquistry, and Mentality. Having sold my jewelry on Etsy and at craft fairs I can relate to the indie market so indies are hands down my favorite brands to support, which makes it really heard to choose just one.  I would absolutely love to try Girly Bits, KBShimmer, and A England. 
  3. What’s at the top of your bucket list? The number one thing on my bucket list is to become a Physical Therapist!
  4. What tv show would you want most want to star in? I would love to star in The Big Bang Theory just because I love all of the nerdy humor! 
  5. Does Tyra Banks & America's Next Top Model make you laugh or shake your head in disgust?  I respect Tyra Banks and, from what I have seen, really like her. However, I don’t really follow her and have never watched America’s Next Top Model so I cannot make and informed comment on the show.
  6. Desert or mountains? Mountains
  7. Have you ever eaten dessert first? I have indeed eaten dessert first! My favorite memory of doing so is from my childhood. When I was a kid my mom would let me and my sister have leftover birthday cake for breakfast the morning after our birthday. We always looked forward to that. She would say, “It isn’t any worse than having a donut.” I think she’s spot on!
  8. Have you ever won a contest?  Last year I won a Valentine’s Day nail art contest. It was a Facebook contest hosted by Painted Seduction- Nails by LiZ and was my first attempt at stamping! :) 
  9. What would your dream job be? My realistic dream job would of course be Physical Therapist. Unrealistically, professional makeup artist, musician, or fitness model come to mind.
  10. If you could have a super power, what it would be? If I could have a super power I would choose to be able to heal people. I know how debilitating living in pain can be and how much it can hold you back.
  11. What’s your favorite book of all time? Hmmm.. I don’t have a favorite book. I will, however, steer you in the direction of a book that I think is worth reading that you have probably never heard of before. I bought it straight from the author’s MySpace page years ago. The title of the book is The Little White Trip and the author is Peter Joseph Gallagher. See, I told you I like to support the little guy. :) 

My entry for the Valentine's Day contest I won last year
 and my first attempt at stamping!


My answers to Tes’ Questions: 

Tes Did It Nails

  1. What is your favorite holiday? I really like the 4th of July and May Day, they don’t get enough love.
  2. What kind of music do you like? (rock, country, R&B, etc)  D) All of the above. I like a variety of genres! 
  3. What is your favorite time to do your nails? (morning, midnight, etc) I love doing my nails late at night while I watch TV. Guilty pleasures. 
  4. What do you do while you are waiting for your nails to dry? I don’t wait, ain’t nobody got time for that! :) … Quick dry drops and quick drying topcoat are your friends!
  5. If you were in charge of People's "Sexiest Man/Woman Alive" cover, who would you pick? Ohhh, so many great choices ... I am going to have to go with Adam Levine or Garth Brooks!
  6. 3D Nail art, yay or nay? (you know, stuff like this) As a practicality issue I am pretty particular when it comes to how my nail polish feels so I think that would drive me crazy if I tried to function with it on. However, I think 3D nail art as an art form is awesome.
  7. Do you like doing other people's nails, not just your own? I’ve never tried to paint someone else’s nails, but I speculate that I would suck at it.
  8. How do you store your nail polish stash/collection? Most of it is on shelves above my desk, the rest (that doesn’t fit) is in a plastic bin waiting on more shelving.
  9. How big is your stash/collection? I think I’m at about 250 bottles, but I haven’t counted lately so I could be way off. I think I need to inventory my stash very soon.
  10. If you could make sure one thing stayed the same about yourself, what would it be? I really enjoy being a twin and I wouldn’t want that to change. I wouldn’t really know how to function without her in my life. I also like my face; it’s pretty cool.     


My twin sister and me!
My hair is down, she has the sunglasses on. :) 

My 11 Questions: 

  1. What is your biggest lemming?
  2. What brand of polish do you own the most of?
  3. What made you want to start a blog?
  4. How long were you involved in the nail polish community before you started blogging?
  5. What other hobbies do you have?
  6. What is your favorite book?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. If you could have a super power what would you choose?
  9. Are you a cat or dog person?
  10. Do you have any friends or family members that share your love of nail polish?
  11. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

My 11 Nominees:


Thanks Again!






3 comments:

  1. I have those stamps! lol Congrats!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just stumbled upon your wonderful blog! I hope you don't mind but I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award (I'm pretty new to blogging - and the subsequent awards that come with it!)

    Here's a link to my post about it! Keep up the great work! :)

    http://rrnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
    Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
    Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .

    ReplyDelete